Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Guest

I built a house in a busy town.
A room for bedroom.
A room for jamming room.
A room for painting room.
A room for the guest.
A jacuzzi outside.
I got a trampoline, too.


I made the house white, furnished with brown sofas and a dining table.
It was all white and brown.
It was decorated with Norah Jones' and Kenny G's.
It was played along with some colourful yet peaceful paintings.


Doors, windows were all open but the grill door.
I loved free air moving throughout the house.
Come, ring the bell and say hi.
I opened the door for everyone.
Everyday people did come and said hi and left some souvenirs for me.
Lovely neighbourhood.


One day, a guest rang the doorbell and it ran away.
My attention was somehow disturbed.
Are you trying to get my attention? I asked.
I waited everyday for it to ring the bell again, but it never happened.
Double of double the fortnights, it never happened.


I secretly built a room for the 'guest'.
I cleaned my jamming room and moved the rigs to bedroom of mine.
I decorated the guest room different from the other rooms.
It was special.
I put some books, a headphone, a computer with internet.
Not forgetting a library of good films.
It'd be worth it.


One day, I received a letter.
It told it loves the house of mine.
It also told me that it'd like to call it home, one day.
So, I unlocked the grill.
Let's see if you'd come again, I hoped it does.


The guest had been secretly a guest at home, without me knowing.
It was there but it wasn't there.
It was blurry.
What had really happened?
Sigh.


One day, the guest went away, for I didn't know how long.
I wrote a letter and put it on my door mat, outside.


Thanks for being my guest,
I felt lively with you around.
You made the house a home.
The white wall became colourfully white.
The music was somehow harmonized.
The paintings were as if alive.
But,
You were barely there, but I did feel that you're around.
One day, do come again, make yourself at home, and don't go again.
Stay.


I hoped the guest notices the letter.
I hoped it reads everything.
I hoped it would come again.


The end.

3 comments:

faradibanati said...

hey i love ur language. keep it up nwa :D

Amirulhazim Alias said...

nwa, if something happen, you know where to find me.

Anonymous said...

There was a person,
who walked around in a busy town.

Never would mind any attention,
but the white house in front captured the mind.

Is this person lonely?
The person thought.
But there were people around,
with gifts they bought.

The person said hi,
yet there was no reply.
The owner was busy,
so the person waved goodbye.

*****

You dropped something.
You never realise.
Because you never look down,
but only to the sky.

And
you hoped.
Are you still hoping?